CCW Directory Accessibility Overview
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The CCW Directory is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that all parts of the content fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility of the CCW Directory relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the CCW Directory, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for CCW Directory:
- Use of Maps
- The directory features maps very centrally to its design. Screen Readers generally skip over map components, and geospatial data is difficult to convey over speech
- To help address this, when any program is selected, the data for any map pin is also rendered in plain text outside of the map for a screen reader
Resource Data assessed the accessibility of the CCW Directory by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation, using axeDevTools at the setting of WCAG 2.1 AA
- Installs as a browser extension
- Link: https://www.deque.com/axe/devtools/