The Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD), on behalf of Career Connect Washington (CCW), is conducting a Request for Proposals (RFP) for CCW Apprenticeship Building America Program Builder Funding. We are seeking proposals from highly qualified entities capable of creating, expanding, or enhancing Registered Apprenticeship and Recognized Pre-apprenticeship programs in Washington’s high-demand and high-growth industry sectors.
Apprenticeship Building America, (ABA), is a grant from the US Department of Labor to strengthen, modernize, expand, and diversify Registered Apprenticeship programs, to enable more workers to earn while they learn and find reliable pathways to the middle class. The ABA grant program will help to further strengthen and modernize Washington’s nationally-recognized apprenticeship system. It will increase equity and accessibility for under-represented populations and bring the Registered Apprenticeship model to more employers in Washington’s high-demand industries. ESD shares the CCW vision that every young adult in Washington will have multiple pathways toward economic self-sufficiency and fulfilment, strengthened by a comprehensive statewide system for career connected learning. Apprenticeships have been the pathway to the middle class for generations of skilled workers in Washington – and ESD is proud to partner with CCW, the Department of Labor & Industries, the US Department of Labor, and Washington’s apprenticeship community on this Apprenticeship Building America grant.
ESD has made available $3,751,236 of federal Apprenticeship Building America funds for this opportunity. ESD targets $100,000 – $150,000 per award. ESD expects periods of performance will begin in July 2023 and will end in December 2024.
Bids are due June 9, 2023, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. The RFP can be accessed via the Washington Electronic Business Solutions (WEBS) system (RFP #2023-03). Bidders are responsible for downloading the solicitation document and all appendices and incorporated documents. Questions can be directed to Procurement Coordinators Jennifer Watson and Aaron Pittelkau (email@example.com).
Career Connect Washington partners and stakeholders are encouraged to share this announcement broadly, to any and all potential bidders.
Items of Note
- *Notice of Intent to Bid*
- A Notice of Intent to Bid is required. This is mandatory and due before the proposal deadline. The Notice of Intent to Bid is due May 12th and the Proposal is due June 9th.
- *Registered Apprenticeships and Recognized Pre-apprenticeships*
- The funding opportunity is only for Program Builders who will create, expand, and enhance Registered Apprenticeships and Recognized Pre-apprenticeship programs in Washington’s high-demand and high-growth industry sectors.
- The CCW ABA Program Builder RFP provides distinct funds tailored to the unique needs of Program Builders developing, expanding, and enhancing Registered Apprenticeships and Recognized Pre-apprenticeships. Successful bidders will receive bespoke technical assistance from ESD, the Department of Labor & Industries, and the US Department of Labor.
- This funding opportunity is aligned with CCW statewide sector strategies, developed by our ten CCW Sector Leaders.
- *Round 11 CCW Program Builder Funding RFP*
- ESD, on behalf of CCW, has made $4,000,000 of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act to Career Connect Washington Program Builders to create, expand, and enhance Career Launch, Career Prep, and Career Explore programs.
- The CCW Round 11 Program Builder Funding RFP is open and accessible via WEBS (RFP #2023-04). This funding opportunity is suitable for all career connected learning programs and industry sectors. Proposals are due June 14th.
CCW ABA Program Builder Timeline & Activities
Bidders’ Conference: April 28, 2023 – 11:00 – 12:30 PM
Notice of Intent to Bid Due: May 12, 2023 – 5:00 PM
Proposals Due: June 9, 2023, at 5:00 PM
Anticipated Announcement of Successful Bidders: July 5, 2023
Eligible Applicants: Entities interested in performing the role of Program Builder and working with Regional Networks, Career Connected Learning Coordinators at the Educational Service Districts, Sector Leaders, labor, employers, and education partners to expand, strengthen, and modernize Washington’s nationally-recognized apprenticeship system in high-demand and high-growth industry sectors.
Funding: $3,751,236 of federal Apprenticeship Building America funds are available. ESD targets $100,000 – $150,000 per award.
Period of Performance: Estimated at 18 months, July 2023 through December 2024.
Funds to be used to design and qualify Registered Apprenticeship and Recognized Pre-apprenticeship programs for approval from Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council. Funds may not be used for direct instruction, direct services, or wrap around supports. Participants, as defined by USDOL, cannot be served with these funds.
Funding will support program development costs and may include employer incentives, per USDOL restrictions.
Allowable budget categories may include the following, provided costs are attributable to contract activities:
- Staff Salaries;
- Staff Benefits;
- Costs for outreach to business and education partners;
- Travel directly related to program development;
- Contracts for curriculum development; and
- Employer incentives.
Sign up here to receive notification when CCW funding opportunities are made available.
Announcing CCW Washington Jobs Initiative Good Jobs Challenge Grant Solicitation
The Employment Security Department (ESD), on behalf of Career Connect Washington (CCW) and in partnership with the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC), is pleased to announce a new Request for Applications (RFA). Through this [...]
Announcing Apprenticeship Building America Program Builder Grants
The Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD), on behalf of Career Connect Washington (CCW), is conducting a Request for Proposals (RFP) for CCW Apprenticeship Building America Program Builder Funding. We are seeking proposals from [...]
Announcing Round 11 of CCW Program Builder Grants
On behalf of Career Connect Washington (CCW), the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) is conducting a Round 11 Request for Proposals (RFP) for CCW Program Builder Funding. We are seeking proposals from highly [...]